Creamy Cheese Sauce
This rich, creamy sauce is ideal for drizzling over steamed vegetables, in a lasagna, or for macaroni and cheese.
- 45 g (¼ cup) margarine
- 30 g (¼ cup) plain flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 320 ml (1⅓ cup) skimmed milk
- 225 g (8 ounces) Gruyere cheese, cubed
- Place butter, flour, salt and milk into the Vitamix Container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 5-6 minutes, or until heavy steam escapes through the lid plug opening.
- While machine is running, remove the lid plug.
- Place cheese through the lid plug opening. Blend for 1 minute, or until well-combined.
- Serve immediately.
|Amount Per Servings|
Hi! Wondering why is has to be skim milk? If I only have full fat, do I need to make any other adjustments? Thanks!
I use vegan cheddar, vegan margarine and unsweetened soy milk and it turns out perfectly. I add a pinch of salt but it's an awesome recipe. So I suspect skim would be fine.
Date published: 2017-05-22
What is 200g of cheese?
Date published: 2017-02-14