Cauliflower Pizza Crust
A healthy alternative to regular dough, especially for those with a gluten intolerance.
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons Italian spice
- 80 g (1 cup) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 4 large eggs
- nonstick cooking spray, as needed
- Place cauliflower florets into the Vitamix container and fill with water until the florets float above the blades. Secure lid.
- Select Variable 7.
- Turn machine on and off to Pulse 8 to 10 times, until cauliflower has the texture of sand.
- Drain cauliflower and wring out extra moisture with a towel, as much as humanly possible.
- Place in a bowl and add the red pepper flakes, Italian spice, cheese, chia seed, and eggs. Stir well to combine all ingredients.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 230°C (450°F ). Spray perforated pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray. Spread cauliflower mixture out the pan. Place in oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Add desired toppings to pizza crust and bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes, or until desired doneness.
|Serving Size||1 slice|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
What can you substitute for eggs in recipe?
Any egg substitute should work.
Date published: 2016-12-08
Great looking recipe! I am also dairy free; do you think I could substitute nutritional yeast for the Parmesan cheese?
Yes you can.
Date published: 2016-04-07