Butternut Pumpkin and Coconut Soup
The distinct flavours of butternut pumpkin and coconut are enhanced when creating this hot, decadent soup in your Vitamix machine.
- 1.3 kg (4 cups) butternut pumpkin, uncooked, halved
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 3 chives
- 2 cm (¾ inch) green chilli pepper
- 1 carrot, halved
- 150 ml (¾ cup) coconut milk
- 600 ml (2½ cup) vegetable stock
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1 pinch saffron
- Heat oven to 220°C (425°F). Brush the pumpkin with olive oil and place it face down on a tin foil or parchment lined baking tray. Bake for 45 minutes or until soft.
- Scoop out the pumpkin flesh and put it into the Vitamix container along with the remaining ingredients and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 4 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid. Serve immediately.
|Serving Size||240 ml (1 cup)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||16 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|