Nuts make the best dairy free milk you’ll ever taste. I love using almonds and normally add a few sesame seeds for added calcium. I like to strain my almond milk for a smoother texture and use the pulp for making healthy cookies or as a base for my morning porridge.
Why it’s good for you...
Raw nuts such as almonds, walnuts, macadamia, hazelnuts and brazil are chock full of essential fats, protein, antioxidants and fiber. Studies by the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that eating a small handful of raw nuts per day can help control weight and reduce hunger, food cravings as well as help lower cholesterol. Studies suggest that people who eat nuts at least twice a week were less likely to gain weight than those who rarely ate nuts as part of a calorie controlled diet.
1 ½ cups Almonds
4 cups Water
1 tsp Vanilla, or 2 pitted Medjool Dates (optional)
- Place the ingredients into your Vitamix Wet Jug Container in the order listed.
- Secure the lid and select Variable Speed 1.
- Turn on the machine and quickly increase speed to Variable Speed 10, then to High. Blend for 1 minute.
- You can choose to serve milk as is, or strain the pulp for a smoother milk.
- Add ¼ cup sesame seeds for added calcium.